Monday, June 27, 2011

Reflection on Integrated Unit Plan


   I think that the lesson that we presented to the class went well overall. The challenge for Petya and I was to find the appropriate technology for the students, that will also be interesting for the 4th grade class that we planed it for. I think that our choice of Brainpop was appropriate. The school that I work has a Brainpop subscription and we use it all the time. The students enjoy the movies and the activities that fallow them. I incorporate Brainpop in my teaching because presents the concepts in a way that is easy for the students to understand.
   I think presenting the lesson brought out a few points that I need to work on. It was hard for the students who are not familiar with Brainpop to follow the directions. I think that more detailed directions can be posted until students are familiar with the site. Also, to keep students engaged longer I have to think of more interactive way for them to do a summary of the movie and outline the key ideas.  
   I think our lesson presented students with opportunities to use technology in a meaningful way while learning about The American Revolution. I believe that online worksheet was interesting way for the students to work on an assignment.

1 comment:

  1. The TPCK model can help in both your unit/lesson planning, and in reflection. For me, TPCK is useful in reminding teachers that technology affects both content and teaching strategy, and provides a point of reflection -- how did tech support the content? hurt it? shift the content? And so on.

    ReplyDelete